Quick, easy side dishes can also be exciting! This cashew coconut slaw with a tangy cilantro-lime vinaigrette is all of the above. Fancy AND fast, with a great crunch that goes perfectly with chili, grilled chicken, or fish!
This is a sponsored post written in partnership with Mann’s Fresh Vegetables. All opinions are my own!
I am really excited today to share with you not only a recipe, but a product I have been loving lately.
Anything that makes it easier to get dinner on the table is a plus in my book. I mean, my day job at the moment has predictable and standard hours, and yet by the time I commute, pick up my son, and get all of us in the door, it’s often at least 6 PM before I start dinner prep. Plus, even for someone who really enjoys cooking, dinner can feel like little more than a speed bump before bath, books, bedtime.
So, yeah, simplicity is best. Convenience is my friend.
However, I still like to make a lot of our food from scratch, and prefer to minimize heavily processed ingredients. So finding that balance is a constant quest – ingredients that are convenient and fresh are worth their weight in gold. And tasty! Tasty is NOT optional!
Enter, my quick-dinner-prep veggie crush:
Veggies made easy
I’ve long been a fan of Mann’s “Family Favorites” veggies, because they are all pre-washed and pre-cut, so you literally can dump and toss, dump and sauté, dump and roast… you get the idea. Their Veggie Slaw Blends take all that goodness next level. Each one is a balanced mix of fresh, pre-cut veggies, perfect for adding to a stir fry, topping a sandwich, or forming the base of a salad that’s so easy and not boring.
Here are the Veggie Slaw Blend combinations:
- Kale Beet Blend (kale, golden beets, kohlrabi, and red cabbage) – this is what I used in this salad!
- Broccoli Cole Slaw (broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage) – a perfect classic!
- Power Blend (Brussels sprouts, Napa cabbage, kohlrabi, broccoli, carrots, and kale)
- Rainbow Salad (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage)
The real beauty of these blends is their versatility. And you can never go wrong with one in the fridge to whip up a quick salad!
The perfect cilantro-lime vinaigrette
This recipe is so simple, but is meant to inspire you to create something really delicious with just a few well-chosen ingredients. Toss the slaw blend with some crunchy cashews and coconut chips (aka coconut flakes), and then top with the most delicious, tangy cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
Here’s what you’ll need for the dressing:
- lime juice
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- fresh garlic
- kosher salt
Combine everything in a small jar, shake well, and you’re done!
What to serve with a Veggie Slaw Blend
Again, the beauty is in the simplicity and the versatility. Here are just a few ideas that would be delicious accompaniments to an easy slaw like this:
- Chili – beef or sweet potato black bean!
- Lemon thyme chicken
- Brown butter sage skillet chicken
- Mustard-crusted salmon with panko
- Rosemary garlic sheet pan salmon
Boom. Options to get a dinner on the table that I feel good about, even when I have just a few minutes and barely any energy. And, let’s face it, when veggies are easy and delicious, we’re all way more likely to eat them.
I definitely feel good about that!
What do you think? Do you love convenience foods like this? What other types of easy recipes would you like to see? Let me know in the comments below!
Please also rate the recipe and leave a comment below if you try this slaw or any other recipe on the blog. I love hearing from you, and other readers will benefit from your experience!
Cashew Coconut Slaw with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 bag Mann’s Kale Beet Blend slaw
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews I used lightly salted
- 1/2 cup dried coconut chips
- pumpkin chia, flax seeds, etc. for garnish, if desired
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake well. You can do this ahead and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Slaw. Put slaw in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing, and toss to combine. Add cashews and coconut chips, and toss again, gently. Garnish if desired and serve right away!