Instant Pot Ground Beef Tacos
This easy and ultra-flavorful recipe for ground beef tacos made in the Instant Pot will skyrocket to the top of your go-to quick dinner list! Just add salsa, canned green chilies, and taco seasoning, and you’ve got the most addicting, well-seasoned taco meat of your dreams.
Hey friends! Just a quick post for today, because if even one of you is inspired to make these incredible Instant Pot ground beef tacos this weekend, that will be worth it!
Related Post: 35+ Tantalizing Taco Recipes
How to season taco meat in the Instant Pot
It’s all about taking advantage of the Instant Pot to add flavor. Generally, when cooking in the Instant Pot, you need to add a certain amount of liquid to help it come to pressure and cook properly. So, I’ve been having a good time experimenting with ways to add that liquid with flavorful ingredients, rather than simply water.
For this taco meat, you’ll need:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- about 1 cup of pico de gallo or another favorite salsa
- 1 small (4 oz.) can of green chilies
- a few heaping tablespoons of taco seasoning
- a pinch of salt
That’s it! I’ve been making this with my homemade taco seasoning, and heck yeah… it is so good, and so easy. I usually use store-bought salsa, because if I’ve gone to the trouble of making homemade pico, I kind of just want to eat it with chips.
Brown the meat for a few minutes using the sauté function, stir in the remaining ingredients, and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. That should give you just enough time to warm some tortillas and prep your toppings!
If you’re feeling ambitious, use the time you saved making the filling to whip up some ridiculously soft homemade tortillas, and get ready for the praise to come pouring in. But pictured here are the corn-wheat blend tortillas from Trader Joe’s, which we also absolutely love and always keep on hand for ultra-easy taco nights.
That’s it! Some blog posts were meant to be short. 🙂
As always, if you try this or any other recipe on the blog, please rate it and leave a comment below. I love hearing from you, and other readers will benefit from your experience!
Instant Pot Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 lb. lean ground beef I like 90% lean
- 1 cup pico de gallo or your favorite salsa
- 4 ounce can green chilies I usually use mild
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- tortillas or taco shells
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- grated Mexican cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the ground beef. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to brown the meat slightly.
- Stir in the salsa, chilies, taco seasoning, and salt. Close and seal the Instant Pot, and cook for 7 minutes on manual/high pressure. When finished, use the quick release function to vent the steam, then open the lid and stir well. The meat will absorb some of the extra liquid; serve with a slotted spoon to remove some, as well.
- Serve with tortillas or shells and additional toppings, as desired. Enjoy!
- The estimated cook time of 20 minutes includes at least 10 minutes for your Instant Pot to come to pressure and release. The actual pressure cooking time is 7 minutes. I hate it when recipes don’t account for that!
- Homemade taco seasoning is the best, and so easy to make in bulk! Try this recipe, you’ll never look back!
- I usually use store-bought pico de gallo for this, although homemade pico would also be incredible! You can also sub any salsa of your choice.
- Any leftover meat will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days, or can be frozen for 2-3 months.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases made by clicking these links, at no additional cost to you.