Orange Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail
This show-stopping sparkling orange pomegranate Prosecco cocktail is equally suited to toasting at midnight, or brunch the next morning!
Everyone benefits from having delicious, versatile cocktail recipes in their back pocket, right? All the time, but never so much as during the holidays. Sure, most evenings that I desire an adult beverage, I’m happy to pour a glass of wine or sample a beer, but sometimes it’s just fun to dress things up a little more, you know?
Especially when entertaining. And especially for New Year’s, when a little bubbly is practically a necessity!
And, orange and pomegranate are perfectly in season late in the year. Embrace them!
Prosecco? Well, that’s always in season. 🙂
This orange pomegranate Prosecco cocktail is adapted from a lovely champagne punch recipe I found over at FoodieCrush. The punch itself is fantastic – I served it recently for a small brunch, with only minor adaptations, to rave reviews.
I considered making the whole punch over again just to photograph it and share it with you, but opted to take a different route. Among other reasons, my guests are all gone and my husband and I reeeeeally do not need to be sharing an entire punch bowl of this stuff.
So, if you’re entertaining a crowd, click on over to the punch version, and enjoy! (I made it basically with only two changes: rosemary in place of the mint, because it’s what I had; and adding about 3/4 cup of cranberry-infused simple syrup, because I had it leftover from making sugared cranberries a few days before. The simple syrup did make the punch sweeter at first, which eventually was watered-down slightly by ice melting in the punch bowl.)
But, if you’re looking for a similarly delicious and seasonal beverage in single-serving quantities, you’re in the right spot!
- Kir Royales
- Bellinis 2 Ways – Classic Peach and Rosemary Plum
- Champagne Layer Cake – have your bubbly and eat it, too!
Now the Sappy Stuff
Obviously, it’s a massive cliché, but it truly does amaze me that we are on the cusp of yet another new year. The clichés, as it turns out, are all true, especially as you get a little, *cough*, older – the months go by faster and faster, the years follow suit, and pretty soon you’re blinking and wondering what the heck happened.
I’m feeling a little reflective of the blog especially this year (exhibit A; exhibit B), and more than anything else, grateful for the readers who make this labor of love so rewarding. So, whether you are a recurring reader, or dropping in for the first time, know that I am grateful for you. My top goal for 2018 is to serve you better, better understand what you need and want, and connect with you as much as possible!
With that, cheers to the New Year, and … enjoy! ♥
Orange Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail
- 1/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice
- Chilled Prosecco or Champagne to fill glass
- Orange slices, pomegranate seeds, and fresh rosemary to garnish
- To a champagne flute or cocktail glass, add Cointreau, orange juice, and pomegranate juice. Stir or swirl briefly to combine.
- Top off each glass with Prosecco or Champagne. Garnish with cut orange slices, pomegranate seeds, or fresh rosemary leaves, as desired.
- If you have a cocktail jigger, measuring out the first three ingredients in ounces will be a snap. If you don't have a jigger, don't worry about it - just add a really small splash of Cointreau, followed by a slightly lighter splash each of orange and pomegranate juice, then fill the glass mostly with your bubbles of choice. Give it a taste, and add a splash more of anything to adjust as desired.
- Adapted from a punch recipe over at FoodieCrush.
Pin This Recipe!
If you liked this, you might also be interested in: