Roasted Tomato and Garlic Spaghetti
This easy recipe for roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti can be on your table in 20 minutes with cherry tomatoes and a luscious, deceptively-simple sauce!
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes about 2 pints or 30 ounces
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh basil for serving
- Parmesan cheese for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet or oven-safe skillet, toss together tomatoes, sliced garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes are wrinkled and just beginning to burst. Remove from oven and set aside.
While the tomatoes roast, boil a large pot of salted water. Add spaghetti and cook to al dente, according to package instructions. When pasta is done, scoop out 3/4 cup of the cooking water and set it aside. Drain remaining water, set pasta aside, and return the pot to the stove.
In the now-empty pasta pot, combine 3/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and 1/4 cup olive oil. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil over medium-high heat. Let it bubble for 4 minutes; this emulsifies the sauce, making it smooth and light.
After the sauce bubbles for 4 minutes, reduce heat and add the cooked spaghetti back to the pot. Toss to coat, then add the roasted tomatoes and garlic, slivered basil, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss once more, and serve with Parmesan and more basil, as desired. Enjoy!
- The sauce will bubble aggressively while it's being emulsified, but don't be alarmed - this is how it achieves such a light but flavorful effect.
- This recipe was originally published here in February 2017, and updated in July 2019 with new photos and clearer, more efficient instructions. I adapted the original recipe from the August 2012 Cooking Light, and keep finding ways to make it simpler over time. :)
Calories: 409kcal, Carbohydrates: 59g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 18mg, Potassium: 420mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 545IU, Vitamin C: 26.9mg, Calcium: 35mg, Iron: 1.8mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!