Arugula Parmesan Pine Nut Salad
Delicious, goes with everything, and the easiest salad you’ll ever make!
- 3-4 handfuls fresh baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated or shaved Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts toasted
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Gently toast the pine nuts over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, if not already toasted.
Add arugula and Parmesan to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with black pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the pine nuts and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Toasting the pine nuts is optional but adds amazing flavor. You can buy them pre-toasted to save time!
- I make this at least once a week and literally never measure our the ingredients. Once you make it a couple times you'll do it from memory and feel, too! Just remember, go light on the olive oil and lemon juice especially at first -- you can always add more but you can't take away. but the proportions above give you an idea to get started.
Calories: 106kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 41mg, Potassium: 67mg, Vitamin A: 95IU, Vitamin C: 1.2mg, Calcium: 28mg, Iron: 0.6mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!