Arugula Parmesan Pine Nut Salad
This salad is literally thrown together in 5 minutes and tastes delicious. Peppery arugula, toasted pine nuts, fresh lemon - dream flavors that go with any fast dinner you put on the table!
- 3-4 handfuls fresh baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated or shaved Parmesan
- 1-2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
Gently toast the pine nuts over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, if not already toasted.
Add arugula and Parmesan to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with black pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the pine nuts and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- If you’re in a major hurry, this salad will still be delicious with un-toasted pine nuts, but they really are worth the extra 2 minutes if you can spare them. Toasting brings out the flavor and makes them complement the arugula so well.
- Now that I’ve made this approximately 11 billion times, I never actually measure the ingredients, but the proportions above give you an idea to get started. Feel free to taste before serving and adjust with more olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan, or pepper as desired.
Calories: 106kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Sodium: 41mg, Potassium: 67mg, Vitamin A: 95IU, Vitamin C: 1.2mg, Calcium: 28mg, Iron: 0.6mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!