Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Muffins
Full of rich pumpkin flavor and warm, cozy spices, pumpkin pecan streusel muffins are just the thing to bring fall into your kitchen.
For the muffins:
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola or coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (297 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or freshly grated, if you have it
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/4 cups (254 grams) white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Line muffin tins with paper liners, or coat lightly with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, and sugar, and whisk until smooth.
Sprinkle the baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves over the liquid ingredients and whisk again until evenly combined.
Add the flour and fold in with a spatula or wooden spoon, mixing just until combined. Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin wells.
In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients and stir with a fork to blend. Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly on top of the muffins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, then remove muffins to a wire rack. Serve warm, or store covered at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen's pumpkin bread, which is so delicious in its own right that I'm telling you up front you might as well go ahead and buy two cans of pumpkin, because it seems crazy but honestly your life will be enriched by making both the bread and the muffins. Bake and share freely!
Calories: 231kcal, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 122mg, Potassium: 124mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 3960IU, Vitamin C: 1.1mg, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 1.3mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!