Roasted Garlic Sage Pumpkin Hummus
A sweet fall twist on everyone's favorite go-to dip! This pumpkin hummus with roasted garlic and sage is super easy to make and delicious with pretzels, pita chips, apples, or roasted veggies.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and whole
- 15 ounces (1 can) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon honey maple, or agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh sage
To roast the garlic, warm olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic cloves and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from heat.
Add roasted garlic, chickpeas, pumpkin, honey or syrup, and salt to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Test and add extra olive oil, if desired, to reach your preferred consistency.
Scoop hummus into a serving bowl and stir in the minced sage. Serve immediately with a light drizzle of olive oil on top, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- After you're done roasting the garlic, save the olive oil - it's now deliciously garlic-infused! SO good for dipping little pieces of pita or bread.
- Lightly adapted from Pinch of Yum - minor changes to amounts, and swapping rosemary for sage. Let's be honest, this would be amazing with any strong herb, so go ahead and get creative with anything you happen to have on hand!
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4780IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg