Honey Walnut Granola with Chocolate and Cinnamon
The best homemade granola recipe with honey and coconut oil, walnuts, chocolate, and a hint of cinnamon.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup walnuts - coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Combine honey and coconut oil in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on full power for 20-30 seconds, then stir to combine.
Add oats, walnuts, and cinnamon to the bowl. Stir well, so that the mixture is evenly combined and moistened.
Spread the mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes, until the top is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool without touching the granola. It will still be soft at first, and become crunchy as it comes to room temperature.
Using a rubber spoon or spatula, remove cooled granola from the baking sheet and break into clumps of your desired size. Toss with chocolate, and enjoy!
- Granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- If you would like to melt the chocolate slightly, let the granola cool for about 15 minutes on the pan, then sprinkle over the chocolate pieces and gently stir. The residual heat from the granola will soften the chocolate ever so slightly. :)
Calories: 213kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 6mg, Potassium: 95mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 15IU, Vitamin C: 0.2mg, Calcium: 27mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!