Blue Ribbon Beef Chili
The easiest chili recipe you'll ever make!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8 ounce jar salsa
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- a few turns freshly-ground black pepper
In a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat, combine the ground beef and chopped onion. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until the meat is browned and the onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
Add crushed tomatoes, beans, salsa, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, bay leaves, and pepper. Stir well to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for at least 60 minutes.
Serve warm with cheese, cilantro, corn chips, cornbread, or other toppings as desired.
- I like to use one can of dark red and one can of light red kidney beans, just for the variety. They are usually sold right next to each other on the shelf, so it's just as easy to buy one of each kind!
- To make this chili in the slow cooker, brown ground beef and onion as directed in step 1, then transfer to the slow cooker, add remaining ingredients, and stir well. Cook over high heat for 5-6 hours or low heat for 8 hours, then stir again, and serve.
- Adapted from allrecipes.com
Calories: 303kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 20g, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Sodium: 143mg, Potassium: 394mg, Fiber: 1g, Vitamin A: 1185IU, Vitamin C: 0.5mg, Calcium: 35mg, Iron: 2.9mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!