BBQ-Glazed Chicken Bacon Bites
The most epic appetizer, easy to make with just 3 ingredients, and absolutely packed with flavor. Perfect game day recipe, appetizer for a BBQ, or easy party food.
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 8 ounces bacon
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce - I used Stubb’s
- chives - for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Cut chicken into small pieces, about 1” each. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap a strip of bacon around each piece of chicken and place on the baking sheet, seam side down. Secure with a toothpick, if needed. Brush generously with BBQ sauce.
Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from the oven and add more BBQ sauce and garnish with chopped fresh chives, if desired. Serve warm; enjoy!
- It’s not necessary to soak the toothpicks in water first; they should be fine in the oven at this heat for 45 minutes!
- You can use any type of BBQ sauce that you like. My favorite is Stubb’s!
- You can make these ahead! Either prep through the wrapping/first brushing with sauce, then refrigerate and bake when needed, or bake all the way through, and microwave to reheat. Either way, save the final swish of sauce and chives, if using them, for the very end. If you reheat the fully cooked bites, be prepared, there might be a little bit of rendered fat on the bottoms. Microwave on a paper towel to help absorb that.
- Adapted from Lil' Luna - rewrote directions, added garnish suggestion and a few helpful notes based on my experience.
Calories: 66kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 115mg, Potassium: 95mg, Vitamin A: 15IU, Vitamin C: 0.2mg, Calcium: 2mg, Iron: 0.1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!