Chimichurri Chicken Asparagus Skillet
This chimichurri chicken recipe will be a new favorite for all! It's flavor-packed, healthy, and easy to make all together in one beautiful skillet.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 3-4 turns freshly-ground black pepper
- 3-4 thinly-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, with tough ends trimmed off
- coarse sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
To make chimichurri, stir all ingredients together in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours. (Alternatively, you can whiz everything together in a blender or food processor.) Chimichurri can be prepped up to 24 hours ahead, if you like; store in the fridge.
To start the skillet, spoon 1/4 cup chimichurri out into a shallow dish, reserving the rest to serve later. Nestle the chicken in the dish to coat, and let marinate at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
While the chicken marinates, warm oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the asparagus and season it with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, just until crisp-tender and slightly charred. Remove asparagus to a plate and set aside.
Add the marinated chicken to the skillet. Cook pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the outside is golden and the inside is cooked through. Return asparagus to the skillet, spoon a little chimichurri over everything, and serve with additional chimichurri at the table. Enjoy!
- Be sure to use thinly-sliced chicken breasts for this; otherwise, it will take much longer for the chicken to cook through, and odds are good that the outside will be tough and overcooked before the inside is done. You can always make your own thin-sliced breasts just by cutting “regular breasts in half—the long, flat way!
- Chimichurri recipe adapted from Cafe Delites.
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!