Instant Pot Ground Beef Tacos
Easy and ultra-flavorful ground beef tacos made in the Instant Pot!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef I like 90% lean
- 1 cup pico de gallo or your favorite salsa
- 4 ounce can green chilies I usually use mild
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- tortillas or taco shells
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- grated Mexican cheese
Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add the ground beef. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to brown the meat slightly.
Stir in the salsa, chilies, taco seasoning, and salt. Close and seal the Instant Pot, and cook for 7 minutes on manual/high pressure. When finished, use the quick release function to vent the steam, then open the lid and stir well. The meat will absorb some of the extra liquid; serve with a slotted spoon to remove some, as well.
Serve with tortillas or shells and additional toppings, as desired. Enjoy!
- The estimated cook time of 20 minutes includes at least 10 minutes for your Instant Pot to come to pressure and release. The actual pressure cooking time is 7 minutes. I hate it when recipes don't account for that!
- Homemade taco seasoning is the best, and so easy to make in bulk! Try this recipe, you’ll never look back!
- I usually use store-bought pico de gallo for this, although homemade pico would also be incredible! You can also sub any salsa of your choice.
- Any leftover meat will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days, or can be frozen for 2-3 months.
Calories: 184kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 719mg, Potassium: 392mg, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 385IU, Vitamin C: 3.8mg, Calcium: 10mg, Iron: 2.8mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!