Feel-Good Pumpkin Muffins
The best pumpkin muffin recipe, a little lightened up! These muffins are moist, flavorful, and guilt-free.
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce see note
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- rolled oats and pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, applesauce, eggs, and sugar. Whisk until smooth. Sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt on top, and whisk again until the batter is evenly mixed. Add flour and fold gently with a spatula or spoon, just until combined and no streaks remain. The batter will be thick and a little lumpy.
Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin wells. Sprinkle tops with oats and pumpkin seeds, if desired. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you don't have or prefer not to use applesauce, you can sub an extra 1/4 cup of oil.
- These muffins will keep well covered at room temperature for 2-3 days. They can also be frozen for 2-3 months. Defrost at room temperature overnight.
Calories: 158kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 123mg, Potassium: 112mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 16g, Vitamin A: 3716IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 32mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!