Everyday Italian Salad
Level up your favorite meal with this easy Italian salad! Crisp greens, juicy tomatoes, tangy olives, and crunchy croutons make this a winner every time.
- 1 head leafy romaine lettuce or 2 romaine hearts roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Pepperoncini peppers whole or sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives whole or sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- croutons store-bought or homemade
- Italian salad dressing store-bought or homemade
This is super customizable and flexible depending on what you like and have on hand! Here are some ideas for variations and other add-ins:
- Swap the greens. Use spring mix or any other type you like.
- Swap the cheese. Pecorino, Ricotta salata (hint: not the same as regular ricotta!), or feta are lovely.
- Add more veggies! Try radicchio, red cabbage, chopped cucumbers, matchstick carrots, chopped bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, or artichoke hearts.
- Add herbs! A sprinkle of fresh parsley, basil, or oregano are especially nice.
- Add protein! Try crispy chickpeas, grilled chicken, grilled steak, or tuna.
- Add nuts. Pine nuts, walnuts, or any others you love add another layer of flavor and texture.
Calories: 82kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 317mg, Potassium: 342mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 3853IU, Vitamin C: 37mg, Calcium: 124mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!