Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad
Proof that simple is best! Just 3 ingredients and you have the star of every summer meal, potluck, and barbecue. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn on the cob
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 10-12 cranks fresh-ground black pepper
To grill corn, simply place it, in the husks, on a hot grill. Close the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, checking and turning with tongs every 5 minutes or so.
Peel back the husks and pull off the fine silks. (They should fall off easily.) Cut kernels from the cob and place in a medium bowl.
Add tomatoes and chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine, taste, and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- No grill? You can easily get a similar flavor by cooking corn in a cast iron skillet or grill pan. Husk the corn first, set the pan over medium-high heat, and add a drizzle of olive oil or butter. Place corn cobs in the skillet and cook, turning every few minutes, until tender and seared a bit on all sides.
- Yield: As written, this recipe yields 4 small side servings. If I'm serving just this and a protein, like chicken or fish, for dinner, I often make an extra ear or two or corn and add an extra handful of tomatoes.
Calories: 131kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 174mg, Potassium: 518mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 999IU, Vitamin C: 37mg, Calcium: 17mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!