Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
Save money and customize your own Jamaican Jerk seasoning right at home! Spicy, sweet, utterly irresistible - perfect with chicken, fish, veggies, and more!
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper less or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes less or more to taste
- Heat: I especially love making jerk seasoning because it's so easy — and important — to adjust the heat level to taste. The two primary spices that contribute heat are cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes, so dial both of those up or down as desired. The amounts listed deliver a seasoning that my husband and I find mildly and enticingly spicy; consider dialing back to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne and just a pinch of red pepper for kids and those with sensitive palettes.
- Yield: This recipe will yield about 1/2 cup total. For a simple rule of thumb, I usually use about 2 Tablespoons to season 4 chicken breasts, so this will easily last over several meals.
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!