Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps
If you love the bold, dynamic flavor of jerk chicken, you’ll be obsessed with this easy recipe for jerk chicken lettuce wraps. Quick, delicious, and super healthy!
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced or pounded thin
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage red or white
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanuts lightly-salted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- squeeze of lime juice
In a small bowl, stir 2 tablespoons of the jerk seasoning and olive oil together into a thin paste. Rub evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
Grill or saute chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side, or just until it hits 165 degrees F and is no longer pink in the middle. Remove and set aside to rest briefly, then slice into thin strips.
While chicken cooks and rest, prep remaining ingredients. Lay out leaves of lettuce, layering 2 on top of each other, and line up your carrots, cabbage, cilantro, and peanuts.
To make the sauce, stir together sour cream, lime juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning. Add additional lime juice or water to thin to desired consistency.
To assemble the wraps, pile sliced chicken on top of lettuce, followed by carrots, cabbage, cilantro, peanuts, and sauce. Garnish with extra lime wedges, if desired.
- Lettuce Note: I prefer Boston Bibb lettuce in wraps because the leaves are a nice size and have a natural curl that wraps perfectly around fillings like this jerk chicken. You may find Boston Bibb in your produce section in a plastic clamshell case with the root still in a knot at the bottom. If you prefer romaine, iceberg, or another lettuce variety, though, go for it!
- Yield: This recipe yields about 10 lettuce wraps, depending greatly on how full you stuff them. Estimate 2-3 wraps per person, if serving as a meal.
- Nutrition: Nutritional information is an estimate based on dividing this recipe among 4 full servings.
Calories: 400kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 52g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 152mg, Sodium: 364mg, Potassium: 1217mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 6889IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium: 80mg, Iron: 3mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!