Ultimate Reese's Monster Cookies
Thick, chewy cookies with soft centers, studded with oats, chocolate chips, and a generous scoop of Reese's pieces for extra peanut butter flavor. Make these for the peanut butter lover in your life!
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces or other peanut butter-filled candies
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats, if desired, and set aside.
Using an electric mixer if possible, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is very light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix again until evenly combined.
Sprinkle oats, flour, baking soda, and salt over the mixture and mix on low speed, just until incorporated. Try not to over mix at this point!
Add Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips and stir gently by hand. Scoop dough out into roughly 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, just until the tops are golden and barely set. They will continue to harden as they cool. Cool for about 15 minutes on the pans, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Oat Substitution: You can substitute quick oats for the rolled oats in a pinch; the texture will be slightly different.
- Storage: Cookies keep well in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Freezing: These cookies are very well suited to freezing as dough balls! Prepare dough and shape into 1-inch balls as directed, then place them with space in between them on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate. Transfer to the freezer for about 1 hour. This flash freezes the cookies so they don’t stick together. You can then layer them in a freezer bag or container and freeze up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen, adding 2-3 minutes to the baking time.
Calories: 198kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 125mg, Potassium: 114mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 15g, Vitamin A: 128IU, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!