Baked Lemon Tilapia
This recipe for baked tilapia with a delicious yet simple lemon garlic butter sauce is the absolute easiest way to enjoy a healthy fish dinner at home.
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 medium tilapia filets roughly 6 ounces each
- kosher salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley optional, for garnish
- pinch red pepper flakes optional, for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, melt the butter, then whisk in the garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Set aside.
Season both sides of the fish lightly with salt and pepper. Place filets in the prepared baking dish, and pour butter mixture evenly on top.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with parsley and/or red pepper flakes, as desired, and serve.
- Frozen Tilapia? Yes, you can bake tilapia straight from frozen. Just add an extra few minutes to the oven time; for instance, frozen filets might need to roast for 15-20 minutes at 425° F.
Calories: 269kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 116mg, Sodium: 190mg, Potassium: 531mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 355IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 24mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!