Oh so vibrant, this gorgeous Fruit Rainbow is an eye-catching yet simple way to jazz up basic fruit platters. Perfect for parties or brunch!
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup cut cantaloupe
- 1 cup cut mango
- 3-4 green kiwi fruits
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
Wash berries and spread out on paper towels or clean kitchen towels to dry slightly. Cut cantaloupe, mango, and kiwi into bite-sized pieces or slices.
Arrange one fruit at a time on a large platter or tray, making a rainbow. Reserve a few pieces of each fruit for the end, to allow you to fill in gaps or add height.
Serve and enjoy!
- Swaps and Substitutions: Of course you can swap other berries and fruits to achieve the same rainbow effect! More ideas:
- Red: raspberries, strawberries, cherries, watermelon, pomegranate arils
- Orange: cantaloupe, clementine or mandarin oranges, peaches, nectarines
- Yellow: mango, pineapple, golden kiwi, bananas, yellow watermelon, apricots
- Green: green kiwi, green grapes, honeydew melon
- Blue: blueberries, plums, Concord grapes
- Violet/Purple: blackberries, red grapes
- Amounts to Buy: A good rule of thumb is to have at least 1/2 cup of fruit per person. If, for example, you are serving 6 people and have 6 types of fruit, you would want a heaping 1/2 cup of each fruit. Buy more if serving kids--they tend to love fruit, especially in a rainbow display!
- Make Ahead: You can prep this fruit tray up to 12 hours in advance. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to serve. *Note: If you swap in bananas or another fruit that tends to turn brown quickly, however, you will want to assemble it just prior to serving.
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!