Heart Shaped Brownies
Easy, adorable, and perfect for Valentine's Day! Fudgy brownies packed with chocolate chips and pink M&Ms, cut into cute heart shapes for maximum sweetness.
- 3 ounces (85 g) unsweetened chocolate
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick, 1/2 cup, or 115 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/3 cups (265 g) granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso or coffee powder optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 2/3 cup (85 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup M&Ms plus a few more for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Set aside a 9x9-inch baking pan. Line the interior with parchment paper or foil. This step is necessary for lifting out the baked brownies.
In the microwave at 50% power, or in a medium saucepan set over low heat, melt together the chocolate and butter, stirring frequently. When fully melted and smooth, remove from heat. Add the sugar, espresso powder, and eggs, whisking vigorously to fully incorporate. Add vanilla and sea salt and whisk again.
Sprinkle flour over the batter. Stir with a spoon or spatula just until combined, then gently mix in chocolate chips and M&Ms. Scrape batter into the prepared pan, using the spatula to press batter into the corners if necessary, and dot the top with a few more M&Ms.
Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Remove from the oven and let cool fully to room temperature.
Lift brownies from the pan using the parchment or foil liner, and place on a cutting board. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters, and serve.
- If using a boxed mix, simply prepare as directed, add extra chocolate chips and M&Ms, bake, cool, and slice. It's still crucial to line the pan.
- You can buy a set of heart-shaped cookie cutters here, or a single one for simplicity.
- This basic brownie recipe is our go-to and is adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
Calories: 120kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 69mg, Potassium: 63mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin A: 30IU, Calcium: 9mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!