Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
A timeless classic you will adore! This is the best recipe you can count on for super soft cookies brimming with chocolate and cheerful candies, the kind of cookie your kids will beg you to make time after time.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1 cup miniature M&Ms
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips see note
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Prepare baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper, and set aside.
Using an electric mixer, or mixing by hand with a rubber spatula, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well-blended. Beat in the instant pudding mix, followed by eggs and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat until mixture is mostly even.
Sprinkle the flour, baking soda, and salt over the dough, then mix just until they are incorporated. Stir in M&Ms and chocolate chips by hand.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden. Gently press a few extra M&Ms into the top of each cookie right after taking them out of the oven, if desired. (This is just for looks!)
Allow cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheets, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate Chips: You can use standard semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. Use milk chocolate if you want a really sweet and sugary treat. If using miniature chocolate chips, use 3/4 cup (my preference). If using regular-sized chocolate chips, use 1 full cup.
- Storage: Cookies will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for at least 3-4 days.
- Freezing: These cookies freeze extremely well as dough balls for future baking. Just shape into balls, place on a baking sheet with a little space in between them, and pop into the freezer for about 30 minutes. That will flash freeze the dough balls, after which you can pile them together in a freezer-safe bag or container without them sticking together. Bake straight from the freezer as needed. Just add 1-2 minutes to the baking time!
Calories: 239kcal, Carbohydrates: 33g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 36mg, Sodium: 99mg, Potassium: 29mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 22g, Vitamin A: 285IU, Vitamin C: 0.1mg, Calcium: 27mg, Iron: 0.8mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!