Simple, straightforward, incredibly delicious guacamole. Easy to make and easier to eat!
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 jalapeno including seeds, finely chopped (optional)
Split the avocados lengthwise and use a large spoon to scoop the flesh out into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork until the avocado reaches your desired consistency. (I love it mostly smooth with a few small chunks for texture. Yum!)
Stir in chopped onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and jalapeno, if using. Whip lightly with the fork until guacamole has a slightly fluffy texture. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. If you’re feeling fancy, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with slices of lime. Serve immediately.
- Guacamole is one of those foods best served immediately, because air is its enemy, and will cause even the freshest, loveliest guac to start turning brown in no time. If you do need to make it ahead, though, store in the fridge with a sheet of plastic wrap pressed down lightly, so that the plastic wrap is resting in contact with the guacamole. This drastically reduces the amount of guacamole exposed to air, which will help stave off browning until you’re ready to serve.
Calories: 113kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 244mg, Potassium: 347mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 155IU, Vitamin C: 11mg, Calcium: 10mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!