Creamy Carrot Red Pepper Soup
This easy and healthy carrot red pepper soup is creamy yet dairy free, and an all-around healthy comfort food option.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion cut into slices
- 2 lbs. carrots peeled and cut into coins approximately 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- additional thyme, pumpkin seeds, or cream for serving
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, approximately 6 minutes.
Add the carrots, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, another 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and thyme and cook approximately 1 minute, just until fragrant.
Pour the stock over the veggies and stir. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat back to medium, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are tender enough to be pierced with a fork.
Use an immersion blender, standard blender, or food processor to puree the soup. Taste and add more salt, if desired. Serve with fresh thyme, pumpkin seeds, or a swirl of cream, as desired. Enjoy!
- An immersion blender is a game-changer for making creamy soups at home. I consider it a must-have!
- This soup keeps very well. Store in the fridge for 4-5 days, or freeze for 2-3 months and defrost overnight in the fridge.
- For an added nutritional boost, throw in a handful of fresh spinach or kale along with the carrots and red pepper in step 2.
Calories: 127.34kcal, Carbohydrates: 20.03g, Protein: 1.93g, Fat: 5.13g, Saturated Fat: 0.72g, Sodium: 926.7mg, Potassium: 558.46mg, Fiber: 5.01g, Sugar: 10.12g, Vitamin A: 26229.57IU, Vitamin C: 36.6mg, Calcium: 56.83mg, Iron: 0.64mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!