Simple Greek Salad and Dressing
A simple Greek salad is so healthy and easy to throw together, and divine when tossed with an easy and light homemade dressing!
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce sliced or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 handfuls pitted kalamata olives
- 1-2 handfuls cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 large cucumber peeled if desired, and sliced into thin medallions
- 1 handful crumbled feta cheese
Submerge sliced red onion in a small bowl of cold water. Set aside to soak for about 15 minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jar with a tightly fitting lid, and shake well to combine. (This can be done in advance and stored in the fridge for at least a week. Simply give the dressing another strong shake before adding it to the salad.)
To assemble the salad, add lettuce to a large bowl. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons dressing and toss to coat. Drain red onions and pat dry with a cloth or paper towel. Add onions, olives, tomatoes, and cucumber to the lettuce; toss to combine. Taste and add additional dressing as desired. Top with a generous crumble of feta, and serve immediately.
Serving: 2cups, Calories: 156kcal, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 281mg, Potassium: 378mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 9595IU, Vitamin C: 12.7mg, Calcium: 90mg, Iron: 1.9mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!