Glazed Grapefruit Bundt Cake
Bake this super moist glazed grapefruit bundt cake to make the most of citrus season! The perfect recipe for brunch, Mother's Day, or afternoon coffee cake.
For the Cake:
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⅔ cups (333 grams) granulated sugar
- zest of 1 large grapefruit
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk at room temperature
- ¾ cup (175 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Syrup:
- ½ cup (125 ml) grapefruit juice
- ⅓ cup (68 grams) granulated sugar
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup (114 grams) powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- additional grapefruit zest for garnish if desired
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Generously butter and flour a 9-inch bundt pan; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar and grapefruit zest. Rub the mixture together with your hands for 1-2 minutes, until evenly-combined.
Add the eggs, and using the whisk attachment of a hand or stand mixer, beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
Beat in the milk, followed by the oil and the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, and beat on low speed just until combined.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes, just until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Let cake cool for 20-30 minutes on a wire rack, then invert the pan onto a cake plate or platter and allow to cool completely.
To make the grapefruit syrup, combine grapefruit juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes. When the cake has been cooled and inverted, prick the top all over with a toothpick, then generously spoon over the syrup.
To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and grapefruit juice. Begin with just 1 tablespoon of juice, then add more a small amount at a time until the glaze reaches your desired consistency. Pour glaze over cake, sprinkle with additional zest if desired, and serve.
- Cake can be stored tightly-wrapped or in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. If making ahead, prepare through adding the simple syrup, then add the glaze and zest within an hour or two of serving for the prettiest appearance.
- Recipe slightly adapted from The Baker Chick and Tracey's Culinary Adventures, who originally adapted it from Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc at Home.
Calories: 390kcal, Carbohydrates: 61g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 214mg, Potassium: 134mg, Sugar: 45g, Vitamin A: 75IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 55mg, Iron: 1.2mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!