White Bean Tortellini Soup
A recipe for white bean tortellini soup that is delicious, healthy, and ready in just 20 minutes! No-fail comfort food for busy weeknights.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce/400 gram) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (1 liter) low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 9 ounces fresh tortellini, any variety
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 (15 ounce/400 gram) can Cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- shaved Parmesan, for serving
In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, just until fragrant. Stir in the diced tomatoes and oregano.
Add the broth, increase heat, and bring the mixture to a boil. When boiling, add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. One minute before the tortellini is done, stir in the spinach and white beans.
When tortellini is fully cooked, remove pot from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste., and serve warm with grated Parmesan as desired.
Calories: 285kcal, Carbohydrates: 43g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 388mg, Potassium: 731mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 1615IU, Vitamin C: 13mg, Calcium: 189mg, Iron: 4.6mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!