Pesto Cavatappi (Noodles and Company Copycat)
With this recipe for Pesto Cavatappi, it's easy to recreate your restaurant favorite at home in 25 minutes. Tested and perfected for busy nights and family meals!
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta or another hearty noodle
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half lengthwise, about 15 ounces
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced, about 8 ounces
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or sub additional broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup basil pesto homemade or store-bought
- 6-8 cranks freshly-ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt, followed by the pasta. Cook just until al dente, according to package directions, then drain the pasta and set aside.
While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the sliced tomatoes and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened and the mushrooms begin to release liquid. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more, just until fragrant.
Pour in the broth and wine and simmer for another 2-3 minutes, until slightly reduced. Stir in the cream and simmer for 1 minute more. Reduce heat to low and stir in the pesto and Parmesan. Taste and add more salt and pepper, to taste.
Stir in the pasta and toss to mix well. Serve with additional cheese, fresh basil, or other herbs as desired.
- If serving this with chicken or shrimp, it works well to cook the seasoned protein first, using the same skillet you plan to use for the sauce. Once you transfer the cooked protein to a plate, proceed as directed with step 2. Extra flavor will remain in the pan, tying everything together and adding to the dish. Just be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan after adding the broth and wine in step 3, to deglaze any browned bits stuck to the bottom.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 413kcal, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 422mg, Potassium: 240mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 879IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 141mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!