Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Veggies
This sheet pan Italian sausage dinner with sweet potato, green beans, and cherry tomatoes is a filling, flavorful, veggie-packed meal that's easy to get on the table.
- 3 small or medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into cubes of about 1/2”
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 9 ounces (250 grams) fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- a pinch of kosher or coarse sea salt
- a few turns of freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4-5 links sweet or mild Italian sausage
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
Peel and dice the sweet potato, if you haven't already, then spread cubes in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on top, then give them a quick stir to coat the cubes somewhat evenly. Place pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
While the sweet potatoes start roasting, prepare the rest of the veggies. In a large bowl, combine green beans, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir to combine.
After 15 minutes, remove pan briefly from the oven. Add the rest of the veggies, and stir briefly to combine with the sweet potatoes. Place sausages on top, and return pan to the oven for 20 minutes more, or until the sausages register at least 165 degrees F on an instant thermometer. Serve hot!
- This is a filling meal in its own right, but I often make some rice, quinoa, or another grain to serve with it and stretch the meal even farther.
- This sheet pan dinner makes terrific meal prep - you might want to slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces either before or after baking, simply to avoid needing a knife if taking your meals to an office, etc.
Calories: 601kcal, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 44g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 89mg, Sodium: 989mg, Potassium: 1004mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 14900IU, Vitamin C: 39.8mg, Calcium: 163mg, Iron: 3.4mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!