Skinny Baja Chicken Tacos
Fresh, flavorful, and fast, this skinny take on Baja chicken tacos just might become a go-to family meal! Top with your favorites - we love green leaf lettuce, red cabbage, homemade pico de gallo, and a simple chipotle-flavored crema.
For the Marinade and Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- a pinch of kosher salt
- a few turns of freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 Tablespoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, lime juice, salt, and pepper to make the marinade. Whisk until evenly combined. Add the chicken breasts and flip so that each side is coated. Set aside to rest for at least 5-10 minutes.
When ready, grill or sauté the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side in a skillet lightly misted with cooking spray over medium-high heat, until lightly browned and cooked through. Discard the marinade.
While chicken cooks, gently warm tortillas and prepare other toppings as desired. If making the chipotle crema, combine 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and 1-2 tablespoons adobo sauce in a small bowl and stir to combine.
When chicken is done, remove to a cutting board and slice into bite-sized strips. Fill tortillas, top as desired, and enjoy!
- If you want to get a head start, prepare the marinade and let the chicken rest in it, covered, in the fridge, for a couple of hours. If you let it go much longer, it's possible the acidity of the lime juice would negatively affect the texture of the chicken.
- Adapted from The Live Fit Girls.
Calories: 227kcal, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 74mg, Sodium: 932mg, Potassium: 484mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 330IU, Vitamin C: 1.7mg, Calcium: 50mg, Iron: 0.9mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!