Balsamic Spinach Salad With Sea Salt
A light, easy side, this balsamic spinach salad with a pinch of coarse sea salt is simplicity at its finest. Just pair dark leafy baby greens with this easy spinach salad dressing, made of pantry staples, for a delicious side salad ready in five minutes. Perfect to round out dinner on a busy night!
- 4-6 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- coarse sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
Wash spinach leaves, if necessary, and place into a large bowl.
In a jam jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid, combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add a generous pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Tighten the lid and shake vigorously. Dip a piece of spinach into the vinaigrette and taste, then adjust salt, pepper, or proportion of oil and vinegar as desired.
Sprinkle the spinach with another generous pinch of sea salt, then drizzle the dressing on top, and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
- This will make far more dressing than you're likely to want on a single batch of this salad. Just make all of it - it will keep on the counter for several weeks! And now you have homemade salad dressing ready to go every night — look at you! The oil and vinegar will separate a few minutes after shaking — just shake again to recombine before dressing your next salad.
- Of course, if you do prefer to simply make less vinaigrette, just stick to an approximate ratio of 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar, and scale down as needed. A small amount can be simply whisked together in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and poured immediately over the salad.
- With so few ingredients, the quality of each takes on even more importance, so try to use the best balsamic and olive oil that you can, and the freshest spinach!
- If you're preparing just one or two portions of salad, it might be easier to simply put the spinach on each plate, dust with sea salt, and drizzle with the dressing. That's what is shown in the photos here, and what I usually do when cooking for two!
Calories: 82kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 25mg, Potassium: 167mg, Vitamin A: 2815IU, Vitamin C: 8.4mg, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 0.9mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!