Chicken Hummus Bistro Box
A delicious and simple Greek yogurt marinade makes this chicken hummus bistro box the best you'll ever have!
For the chicken:
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 heaping tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- pinch of kosher salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
To assemble boxes:
- 1 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup hummus homemade or store-bought
- 4 mini whole wheat pitas
To marinate the chicken, combine the garlic, lemon juice, yogurt, olive oil, oregano, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined. Add chicken to the bowl and turn each piece to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Cook chicken as desired, either on the grill or using a grill pan or skillet with a thin coat of olive oil. Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into strips, if desired.
To assemble lunch boxes, arrange chicken, cucumber slices, tomatoes, hummus, and pita bread in meal prep containers. Store in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week!
- Try not to let the chicken rest in its yogurt marinade for much longer than 75-90 minutes if possible. If left for a long time, the presence of the lemon juice in the marinade could negatively affect the texture of the chicken.
- These are my favorite light-weight meal prep containers - convenient size, microwave and dishwasher-safe!
Calories: 411kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 42g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 108mg, Sodium: 449mg, Potassium: 1039mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 490IU, Vitamin C: 22.4mg, Calcium: 68mg, Iron: 3.4mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!