Pesto Gnocchi with Charred Cherry Tomatoes
Tender gnocchi pair perfectly with basil pesto and oven-charred cherry tomatoes for an amazing meal ready to eat in 25 minutes!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- kosher salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 8 ounces white or baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup pesto
- fresh basil and Parmesan cheese optional for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spread cherry tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Toss briefly to coat, then roast for 10-12 minutes, just until tomatoes are slightly charred and a few have burst. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Meanwhile, boil a large pot of well-salted water and cook gnocchi for 2-3 minutes, just until they float to the surface. Drain and set aside.
Warm remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and softened. Stir in pesto; remove from heat.
Add gnocchi and tomatoes to the skillet and stir gently. Serve immediately, garnishing with fresh basil and grated Parmesan, as desired.
- Ingredient Notes: Gnocchi is terrific with both jarred and homemade pesto. If making it homemade, we love this traditional basil and zucchini variety. If using jarred, pick up a high-quality brand if possible, because the flavor is very prominent. DeLallo is my favorite.
- Storage: Any leftovers will keep in the fridge up to 3-4 days and reheat well in the microwave.
Calories: 480kcal, Carbohydrates: 50g, Protein: 10g, Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 975mg, Potassium: 343mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 1614IU, Vitamin C: 18mg, Calcium: 131mg, Iron: 5mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!