Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Homemade sun-dried tomato pesto is quick and easy to make with basil, pine nuts, and parmesan. Make a big batch and keep it on hand - just a spoonful will add instant flavor to sauces, soups, pizza, pasta, and anything else you can think of!
- 1 1/2 cups (about 5 ounces, or 142 grams) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Add all ingredients except olive oil to the bowl of a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined.
With the motor running, pour in 1/3 cup olive oil and blend until well-incorporated. Test and add more olive oil to adjust consistency as desired.
Use immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
If storing, keep pesto in an airtight container with a thin layer of olive oil on top of the pesto - this helps keep the good flavors in and all the rest out!
Calories: 201kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 204mg, Potassium: 830mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 505IU, Vitamin C: 9.7mg, Calcium: 95mg, Iron: 2.8mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!