Candy Bar Blondies
Soft, chewy, chocolate-packed Candy Bar Blondies are an irresistible treat! No mixer, one bowl, and minimal prep.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar light or dark
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups assorted chopped candy bars Snickers, Twix, Milky Way, etc.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy removal.
In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir until evenly combined. Sprinkle flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt over the mixture, and stir until just combined. The batter will be very sugary and thick.
Gently fold in the chopped pieces of candy, then scrape out batter and press gently into an even layer in the baking pan.
Bake for 25-27 minutes. The top should be golden brown, and the edges may puff up slightly. Remove from the oven, and set on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
- Storage. Store blondies tightly covered at room temperature for 4-5 days. You may also enjoy them cold from the fridge or even the freezer, but this is optional for taste and texture, not necessary for safe storage.
- Recipe. Adapted from Cook's Illustrated.
Calories: 189kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 22mg, Sodium: 96mg, Potassium: 88mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 156IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 34mg, Iron: 1mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!