Mixed Berry Puff Pastry Tart with Mascarpone
A mixed berry puff pastry tart with sweetened mascarpone cheese will be the hit of any summer party. Simple, easy, and ready in about 30 minutes, perfect for the Fourth of July!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar for sprinkling
- 4 ounces (113 grams) mascarpone cheese
- 4 ounces (113 grams) whipped cream (either freshly whipped or cool whip)
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup raspberries approximately 4 ounces or 120 grams
- 1 cup blueberries approximately 6 ounces or 170 grams
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
On a large sheet of parchment paper, roll out the puff pastry to a rectangle approximately 12x10 inches (30x25 cm). Using a knife, score a border approximately 3/4 inch (2 cm) inside the edge, then use a fork to prick the inside of the pastry several times to prevent it from poofing up excessively while it bakes.
Combine the egg and water in a small bowl, then brush the pastry border with the egg wash. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake pastry for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
While the pastry bakes, prepare the topping. In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone, whipped cream, and 1/4 cup sugar. Whip gently with a spatula until mixture is evenly combined. Set aside along with the berries.
Once the puff pastry has cooled, top with the cream and the berries. Refrigerate until ready to slice and serve.
- You could certainly substitute strawberries, blackberries, or any combination you like. Enjoy!
- Adapted from The Cookie Rookie
Calories: 184kcal, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 53mg, Potassium: 48mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 190IU, Vitamin C: 3.3mg, Calcium: 25mg, Iron: 0.6mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!