Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
An easy-to-make Instant Pot broccoli cheddar soup that's soul-warming, delicious, and healthy! Perfect to see you and yours through chilly nights!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets about 18 ounces
- 1-2 cups cauliflower florets about 10 ounces
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10-12 cranks fresh-ground black pepper
- 3 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Set Instant Pot to the sauté function, and add olive oil, butter, onion, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, until fragrant and slightly softened. Add broccoli, cauliflower, thyme, salt, nutmeg, cayenne and black pepper, followed by the broth. Cover, seal, and cook for 8 minutes on manual/high pressure.
When finished, use the quick release function to vent steam. Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or transfer to a regular blender, puree, then return to the Instant Pot. (An immersion blender is so much easier here!)
With the Instant Pot on the keep warm setting, stir in the milk and cheese. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and smooth.
Garnish as desired with fresh herbs or more cheese. Serve with bread, crackers, biscuits, etc. as desired. Enjoy!
- Cooking Time. The cooking time of 30 minutes includes an estimated 10 minutes for your Instant Pot/pressure cooker to come to pressure. If yours is faster, this might be less!
- Recipe. This recipe is adapted from Half Baked Harvest - I've added carrots, swapped cauliflower in, zucchini out, and slightly altered the method for mixing in milk and cheese.
Calories: 266kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 723mg, Potassium: 508mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 3530IU, Vitamin C: 82.1mg, Calcium: 347mg, Iron: 1.4mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!