15-Minute Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp
The most delicious garlic butter shrimp with fresh lemon juice and a hint of red pepper, ready in just 15 minutes. Quick and easy dinners never tasted so good!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few turns of freshly-ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter - cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley - divided
Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 30-60 seconds, just until fragrant.
Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 1 minute, turning and flipping as needed so they cook evenly. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add butter cubes, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon parsley. (Sometimes I add a splash of white wine here, as well.) Cook for 2-3 minutes more, until the butter is melted and the shrimp is opaque and cooked through. Remove pan from the heat. Serve shrimp and sauce right away with rice, pasta, or veggies, as desired.
- For the photos shown here, I used shrimp that I purchased already peeled and deveined (such a huge time-saver!) but with the tails still on. This makes them look pretty but does mean you'll need to remove the tails as you eat! Feel free to buy tail-off or remove before cooking if you prefer it that way!
- It's easy to defrost frozen shrimp in minutes! To do so quickly and safely, put the frozen shrimp in a colander and run them under cold water for 5-7 minutes. They'll soften right up! Gently shake off the extra water, and they're ready to cook.
- Nutritional estimate is based on 4 servings and does not include added pasta, veggies, bread, etc.
Calories: 277kcal, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 323mg, Sodium: 1178mg, Potassium: 108mg, Vitamin A: 510IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 177mg, Iron: 2.5mg
Leave a review below, then snap a quick picture and tag @nourishandfete on Instagram so I can see it!