Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie
Pack in the protein and antioxidants with this creamy blueberry almond milk smoothie. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a snack!
Considering the depths of my love for the banana almond milk smoothie, which has been a semi-obsession ever since a trip many years ago to Puerto Rico, it’s kind of surprising I haven’t riffed on it more to date.
What can I say, I’m a die-hard creature of habit. I find something I like, and stick with it.
But a mega-sale on frozen wild blueberries awhile back finally gave me the push I needed to stray from our original almond milk smoothie, and my goodness, am I ever glad.
A wholesome, filling almond milk smoothie
This smoothie has just a handful of ingredients, but packs in so much flavor, and also a ton of protein, which helps make it satisfying and filling. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Frozen blueberries (wild if you can find ’em!)
- Frozen bananas (freeze in slices!)
- Old-fashioned oats
- Almond milk
- Almond butter
If a smoothie can stick to your ribs, this is the one!
Any almond butter will be great, but I have an especially soft spot for Justin’s maple almond butter (affiliate link). This stuff is addictive and absolutely worth every penny!
How to make it
You know the answer here, right? Blend and drink. Can’t argue with that!
If you’re feeling fancy, scatter a few more almonds, oats, or sliced bananas on top. Breakfast/lunch/snack is served!
More smoothies you’ll love:
- Wholesome banana almond milk smoothie
- Blood orange banana smoothie
- Strawberry pomegranate smoothie
- Pack in even more nutrition with this blueberry KALE smoothie from Hot Pan Kitchen – it’s sweetened with dates!
You can also FOLLOW me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and TWITTER for more great recipes and ideas!
Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (I prefer unsweetened here)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 frozen bananas (freeze in small slices for best results)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend on high speed until the mixture is completely smooth. You may need to stop once or twice to scrape down the sides, especially if the almond butter is stuck.
- Taste; if you prefer a sweeter smoothie, add a small spoonful of honey or maple syrup. Divide into glasses, and serve immediately!
- My absolute favorite is to make this using Justin’s brand maple almond butter. It adds just a touch of sweet maple without overpowering the rest of the flavors!
- Adapted from my favorite banana almond milk smoothie.
9 Comments on “Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie”
I put a touch of whip cream on top. Delicious and is very good for you!
Terrific, so glad you liked it – love the idea of whip cream!
Delicious! My family loved it!
I have almond milk in the refrigerator now and it would be perfect in your smoothie. Love that deep color from the blueberries!
I love almond milk but it’s a while since I made a smoothie. Great idea to whizz the oats in!
You can never have enough smoothie recipes up your sleeve, I love this one!! The ingredient list and photos make me want to whip one up right now, cheers!!!
Great Color and healthy too. Love the combination of Blue Berry ,Banana and Almond Milk. Smoothies are loved by my family and hence will surely make this for them.
That is such an insane and intense colour, I love it. Fab flavours too!
My kids love smoothies and my youngest especially loves almond milk. She’s not a fan of blueberries but I’ve gotten her to eat things she doesn’t like as long as they were in smoothie form 🙂 Will give this a go!