A simple, versatile, and family-friendly side dish – parmesan herb crusted red potatoes roast are packed with flavor and so easy to roast in the oven!
Every home cook needs at least a handful of tasty, simple side dishes in their arsenal, and these red potatoes deserve a spot in yours.
Now, I’m not going to pretend this is rocket science. Recipes for roasted red potatoes are a dime a dozen on the internet – like zebras in Kenya. (If you’ve ever been, you get it!) But this is my favorite, the one that made my husband stop and say, “hey, what did you do to these potatoes!?” So, I wanted to share it with you. 🙂
What makes these humble red potatoes stand out? Well, for starters, the taste and texture. Caked with parmesan, seasoned with thyme, rosemary, paprika, and garlic powder, then roasted to extra-crispy perfection, these potatoes are NOT just a dinnertime role-player. When you serve these, people are going to enjoy the side at least as much as the main dish.
As the cook, my heart also sings because these are SO EASY and HANDS-OFF. It annoys me, for some reason, when I’ve been working in the kitchen and have dinner mostly under control, but then remember I need to prep the salad or veggie or whatnot. I don’t know why, I guess I’m just lazy like that! So these potatoes stave off that momentary “ugh, I still have to…. ” feeling, because they roast away happily in the background.
Here’s how it goes: cut potatoes into cubes. (Don’t bother to peel.) Stir them up with all the seasonings. Spread on a baking sheet. Pop in the oven, and let the heat take it from there! When you pull out the baking sheet 30 minutes later, you’ll be greeted with crispy roasted potato perfection.
More Tasty Side Dish Ideas:
So that’s that! Remember these babies the next time you need a simple side dish. You won’t be disappointed, and neither will the hungry mouths that you’re feeding! ♥
Parmesan Herb Crusted Red Potatoes
- 1 pound (about 500 grams) baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (220 C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- Clean potatoes and chop into roughly 1-inch pieces.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, then add cheese, olive oil, paprika, rosemary, garlic powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat potatoes evenly with the oil and spices.
- Spread potatoes in a single, even layer on the baking sheet. Bake until crispy and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.