A seriously simple and delicious weeknight dinner! All the fixings for these chipotle lime shrimp fajitas are seasoned together then baked on one sheet pan, leaving you minimal prep work and clean-up!
You guys, not to be bossy or anything, but you NEED to make these fajitas.
I hate using the term “dump” in cooking, but that’s pretty much the story here. Assemble all your ingredients. The most time-consuming part of the recipe is slicing up a few peppers and an onion – you want to make sure they are pretty thin, so they’ll cook FAST. As fast as those yummy shrimp!
So chop your peppers and onions, toss them in a bowl along with a whole mess of shrimp, and all the amazing spices. I mean, they’re not called chipotle lime shrimp fajitas for nothing!
Dump it all out on a baking pan, pop in the oven, and that’s that.
When they come out, squeeze the lime juice on, add whatever other toppings your heart desires, and serve! With warm tortillas, obviously.
I have to admit that I added the jalapenos to the sheet pan here because I thought the contrasting pop of color looked pretty. They all came off before we ate. The shrimp and veggies have tons of flavor as-is, and I guess we just weren’t feeling that level of kick that evening!
One way to spend all the time you saved by making these fajitas for dinner would be to try making your own flour tortillas from scratch. Dangerous only because then you’ll know how much better they are that way – and not very difficult to do!
Seriously craving these chipotle lime shrimp fajitas. Good thing they only take 20 minutes to make!Click To Tweet
I could go on, but why? All you need to know has been said: chipotle lime shrimp fajitas, ready in about 20 minutes, with minimal prep and clean-up. Some blog posts were meant to be short.
Sheet Pan Chipotle Lime Shrimp Fajitas
- 20 ounces shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 bell peppers sliced thin (I used red, yellow, and orange)
- 1 small onion sliced thin (red, yellow, or white is fine)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- corn or flour tortillas to serve
- juice of 1 lime plus wedges for garnish
- fresh cilantro, jalapenos, guacamole or other toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (220 C). Lightly coat a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside. Pull the tails off of the shrimp, if desired, for easier serving.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, sliced peppers, sliced onion, olive oil, salt, and remaining spices (through chipotle chili powder). Stir to combine, then spread mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, then turn oven to broil and leave the pan in for 1-2 minutes more. Place tortillas in the oven during this last 1-2 minutes, just to warm them slightly.
More Ultra-Fast Dinner Ideas…
Here are my all-time personal favorite meals to make when I’m in a major hurry – all of these are on serious repeat at our house! One-Pot Curry Cashew Chicken and Rice, Roasted Tomato and Garlic Spaghetti, Lemon Thyme Chicken, and Spicy Black Bean Tacos with Corn and Pico de Gallo.