When you need dinner in a hurry, there’s nothing like a simple sheet pan supper to get the job done. The possibilities are nearly endless, but if you’re open to persuasion, might I suggest this particular combo? Salmon crusted with a crackly layer of rosemary, garlic, and kosher salt, nestled in next to sweet, colorful veggies. Yes, please.
This dinner concept, like so many, was born out of necessity. After a particularly uninspiring string of days, I found myself with no meal plan, nothing in the freezer that sounded decent or even vaguely nutritious, and no real ideas.
You’ve probably been there, too. Not a great situation.
Fortunately, simple ideas for sheet pan suppers are all over the interwebs these days, and for good reason – toss everything together onto a pan, season as you wish, pop in the oven, and poof! Dinner. Best of all, you – or your designated dishwasher, you lucky little devil – have just one piddling pan to wash afterwards. Life is good.
In this case, salmon filets are pampered with chopped rosemary, garlic, and kosher salt. These flavors pair beautifully with green beans and carrots, but you could certainly substitute potatoes or other veggies, depending on what you prefer or have on hand. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary – potatoes, for example, would probably take at least an extra 15 minutes in the oven, so you’d want to give those a head start, then add the other items to the pan and continue baking.
However you plan to enjoy this, just do yourself a favor and file it away for inspiration the next time you’re coming up short on time and/or ideas for dinner. I hope you’re as glad to have tried it as I was!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Need dinner now? Try this rosemary garlic sheet pan salmon-1 dish & healthy, incredible flavor!” quote=”Need dinner now? Try this rosemary garlic sheet pan salmon-1 dish & healthy, incredible flavor!”]
Rosemary Garlic Sheet Pan Salmon
Yield 3-4 servings
When you need dinner in a hurry, there's nothing like a simple sheet pan supper to get the job done. The possibilities are nearly endless, but if you're open to persuasion, might I suggest this particular combo? Salmon crusted with a crackly layer of rosemary, garlic, and kosher salt, nestled in next to sweet, colorful veggies.
- 4 medium salmon filets (about 1 lb.)
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 6-8 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 4-5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into coins or along the diagonal
- olive oil and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C). Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, and place salmon on paper to one side of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine rosemary, garlic, and 3/4 tsp. kosher salt. Spread herb mixture evenly on top of salmon filets.
- Arrange green beans and carrots on the baking sheet alongside salmon. Drizzle veggies lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with additional kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place sheet in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes, until salmon flakes easily when touched with a fork. Serve immediately.
Source: Salmon concept adapted from Steele House Kitchen