Everything Bagel Chex Mix
Everything bagel Chex mix delivers your favorite party snack with a fun twist! Quick and easy to make, perfect for any gathering or an everyday snack.
Who doesn’t love Chex mix? It’s the original party snack: crunchy, salty, and completely irresistible. For some, it’s a holiday tradition. In our house, it’s highly welcome in any season, and batches often disappear in a matter of mere hours.
There are seemingly endless variations of the classic to suit different tastes. We’ve mainly stuck to our favorite, a traditional rye chip Chex mix. But adding a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning — a modern pantry staple — is a fun and delightful twist.
Are you ready to take your everything bagel seasoning beyond the avocado toast? Yes, you are! Let’s go!
What you need
- Chex, obviously! It always feel a little excessive to buy three boxes, but the mix of corn, wheat, and rice-based cereals adds subtle variation in flavor and texture, so I usually spring for it.
- Peanuts or mixed nuts: Of course you can leave these out to make the snack mix nut-free. There’s plenty of other crunch.
- Pretzels and bagel chips: Bring on the crunch! Mini pretzels are perfectly bite-sized, and bagel chips are integral to the classic Chex mix combo. You can buy everything-seasoned bagel chips or a variety of other flavors.
- Butter and seasonings: You’ll need Worcestershire sauce, a bit more salt, and of course — everything but the bagel blend!
Tips and tricks
Chex mix is super simple to make, but there are still a few tips that help guarantee perfect results.
- Mix seasonings separately: It can be tempting to just combine all the ingredients at once, but using an extra small bowl to combine the melted butter and seasonings first is the way to go. Pouring this mixture over the cereals distributes the flavors much more evenly.
- Stir and stir again: If you bake Chex mix in the oven, set a timer to remind you to stir it at least once while it bakes. Otherwise it’s all too easy for the top pieces to get very crispy — even burnt — while those baked in the middle lack crunch.
- Microwave in a hurry: If needed, you can forego the oven and pop this in the microwave, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Stir halfway through. You should still spread the finished snack mix out on a large baking sheet or parchment paper to cool and crisp up, which is why I usually find it just as easy to use the oven.
More easy snack ideas
- Homemade Honey Mustard Pretzels
- Garlic Rosemary White Bean Dip
- Sun-Dried Tomato White Bean Dip
- BBQ-Glazed Chicken Bacon Bites
Enjoy! If you make this easy snack mix, let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Everything Bagel Chex Mix
- 3 cups corn Chex
- 3 cups rice Chex
- 3 cups wheat Chex
- 1 10.3 ounce can peanuts or mixed nuts
- 2 cups bite-size pretzels
- 2 cups bagel chips see note
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals, nuts, pretzels, and bagel chips. Stir briefly to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, Everything But the Bagel blend, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir, pour seasonings over the cereal mixture, and stir to evenly coat.
- Scoop mix into an ungreased roasting pan or cake pans and bake for about 1 hour, giving it a quick stir every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool, then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- What kind of bagel chips? Use everything-seasoned bagel chips to double down on that flavor (we like Stacy’s brand), or traditional garlic or rye bagel chips if that’s what you have.
- How to make in the microwave? Pour the melted butter and seasoning mixture over the cereal mixture and stir well to combine. Place in the microwave, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Spread the finished snack mix out on a large baking sheet or parchment paper to cool and crisp up.