Crunchy honey mustard pretzels are an easy, addictive snack. So simple to make and no one will be able to stop reaching for the bowl!
It’s football season! As a born and bred Pittsburgh native, football – and specifically the Steelers – are never far from my heart, and the start of the NFL season is always cause for excitement.
Of course at least half the fun for me is planning out the game day SNACKS! In football, as in many things, I love the overall atmosphere as much as the event itself, and clearly, a critical component of the overall atmosphere is the food.
There are so many game day treats and tailgate-worthy recipes I want to share here, but for today let’s keep it super simple, shall we? Seasoned pretzels are definitely not rocket science, in fact they’re a go-to crowd-pleasing snack for good reason. And this particular honey mustard combo is guaranteed to be a major hit.
Plus they are so incredibly easy to make, even in a big batch. Mix a tiny bit of olive oil with honey and whole-grain and dried mustard. Pour in the pretzels, toss to coat, and bake at a low temperature until they’re good and crunchy again and your whole house fills with that glorious honey-mustard smell.Keep game day prep simple - crunchy honey mustard pretzels are crazy good and a snap to make!Click To Tweet
While they’re baking, go ahead and browse the internet for some new, stretchier pants. Or, whip up a little dip to go with them – hummus is always a good choice, or change it up a little with white bean sun-dried tomato dip.
Of course, maybe you want a sweet complement, in which case, a batch of one-bowl chewy brownies never hurt anyone. Or double chocolate chunk espresso walnut cookies? Fancy Rice Krispy treats? So many choices.
But definitely start with these pretzels. Make a batch ASAP and share them with all your favorite people!
Enjoy! And Go Steelers! 😉
Crunchy Honey Mustard Pretzels
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain or dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounce bag small pretzels
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together everything except the pretzels. Add the pretzels and stir gently until they are all coated with the oil and spices. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring pretzels once or twice. Remove from the oven, let cool completely, and store in an airtight zip-top or other storage container.